BC Child Care Resource & Referral
Programs offer quality child care referrals, resources and
support to all child care providers and parents in over 400 communities across the Province of British Columbia.
Click on the map for a list of Childcare
Resource Programs in each region.
Welcome to Child Care Resource & Referral
It is the mandate of the Child Care Resource & Referral Programs to provide child care providers and families with a variety of support which could include:
- Referrals to child care providers
- Assist parents with Affordable Child Care Benefits
- Training and workshops
- Resource/Toy Lending Library Services
- Telephone, office and outreach support and consultations
NEW UNIVERSAL CHILD CARE PROGRAM IN BC
The province of BC is moving to a new Universal Child Care Program with new Child Care Funding Initiatives:
- Child Care Fee Reduction Initiative
- Child Care Operating Funding
- Child Care BC Maintenance Fund
- Child Care BC New Spaces Fund
For Families: Increased supports for families through My Family Service with the new Child Care Initiatives
- Affordable Child Care Benefits
Beginning September 1, 2018 the former Child Care Subsidy Program will be replaced with the new and improved Affordable Child Care Benefits Program
There are new income thresholds for families which expands eligibility - check out the new Online Benefit estimator on the website.
Contact the Child Care Resource & Referral Program in your community for more information.