Shuswap Child Care Resource and Referral Program
Anglemont, Blind Bay, Canoe, Celista, Eagle Bay, Enderby, Grindrod, Malakwa, Notch Hill, Salmon Arm, Sicamous, Silver Creek, Sorrento, Squilax, Sunnybrae, Tappen, White Lake
Box 2579 Salmon Arm, BC V1E 4R5
#14 - 451 Shuswap Street, SW
Salmon Arm, BC V1E 4H9
Phone: (250) 832-4191
Fax: (250) 832-4591
We link families and child care providers in the communities of Salmon Arm, Canoe, Sicamous, Malakawa, Grindrod, Enderby, Tappen, White Lake, Sunnybrae, Blind Bay, Sorrento, Notch Hill, Eagle Bay, Anglemont, Squilax, Silver Creek and Celista by offering free consultation, support, and referral services to parents seeking child care.
Child care providers are supported though information, outreach, resource library networking and learning opportunities.
Parents are supported through parenting information, our resource library, parenting workshops, subsidy assistance, and general community referrals regarding children and families.
We work with the community to strive for quality inclusive child care services that meet the needs of local families and promote the healthy development of children.
Visit us at the Downtown Activity Centre! (Old Salmon Arm Elementary, 451 Shuswap St. SW Salmon Arm, BC)
Regular Office Hours
Saturday, Sunday and Stats - Closed
(Any exceptions to these hours will be posted on our door, recorded on our calendar and listed on our answering machine.)
- Referrals to child care providers on our registry (Licensed or RLNR Only)
- Consultations with experienced staff
- Networking opportunities
- Monthly newsletter
- "Room to Grow" Early Childhood Resource Library
- Drop-In Playgroups for Care providers
- Supportive home/facility visit & resource delivery (limited outreach services)
- Child care business start-up information and guidance
- Assistance with administrative issues i.e. policies, etc
- Low cost art supplies
- Laminating service, low cost for members
- Photocopier access, low cost for members
- Fax service, child care related only
- Scholastic book order opportunities for child care and parents
- Free access to internet for child care related concerns
- Parent resources and information files
- Information about available child care grants and subsidy programs
- Referrals to Community and government programs and services
- Regular Child Care First Aid Courses
- Additional workshops and training opportunities ongoing
- Some outreach services to Enderby, Sorrento, Sicamous
- Assistance with Subsidy Applications
- Liason with local Early Childhood Committees
Currently no entries available.
Information and Resources
Canadian Child Care Federation Family Child Care Training: Level 1
Including: (12 Units) 1.Your Child Care Home, 2.Safety, 3.Health, 4.Nutrition, 5.Child Development, 6.Child Guidance, 7.Helping more...