Child Care Resource and Referral Program
The Child Care Resource and Referral (CCRR) providers support resources and referral services for child care prviders and parents.
The CCRR program also works with community groups to promote quality child care choices that meet the needs of local families.
Local non-profit associations are funded by the provincial ministry for Children and Family Development to deliver CCRR services...
Services to Parents
The CCRR program helps parents find child care and much more. Services for parents include:
1. Referrals to local caregivers who are registered with The Berry Patch CCRR.
2. Referrals to other child care services in the community
3. Answerer to child care questions such as “How do I choose child care that meets my family’s need?” “What do I look for in quality child care?’ How do I know if the care I have chosen is a good experience for my child?’
4. Information on the types of child care available in the community.
5. Child care subsidy information.
6. Access to parent education opportunities such as workshops, printed material and drop in Arts and Crafts times.
Services to Child Care Givers
The CCRR program provides information, support and training to child care providers with emphasis on family child care.
Services include, but are not limited to
- Operating and business information.
- Workshops and networking opportunities
- Supportive home visits
- Access to child care resources such as resource boxes, books, and musical instruments.
Listing in a referral registry of caregivers