South Peace Child Care Resource and Referral Program
Chetwynd, Dawson Creek, Doe River, East Pine, Groundbirch, Lone Prairie, Moberly Lake, Pouce Coupe, Rolla, Shearer Dale, Tumbler Ridge
Child Care Resource and Referral
South Peace Region
Suite 117, 10200- 8th Street (Co-op Mall)
Dawson Creek, BC V1G 3P8
Facebook: South Peace Resource and Referral@SPCCRR
Hours of Operation: Monday - Thursday 9:00am -4:00pm
Late Night Opening-check newsletter for dates and times
*there is no late night or weekend opening for the months of December, July or August*
The Child Care Resource and Referral Program provides support, resources and referral services for child care providers and parents in all communities in the province.
We link families and child care providers in the communities of Chetwynd, Dawson Creek, Doe River, East Pine, Groundbirch, Lone Prairie, Moberly Lake, Pouce Coupe, Rolla, Shearer Dale, Tumbler Ridge and surrounding areas by offering free consultation, support, and referral services to parents seeking child care.
We work with the community to strive for quality inclusive child care services that meet the needs of local families and promote the healthy development of children.
Services to Parents
- Referrals to local child care providers and other child care services
- Information on the types of child care available in the community, licensed and registered child care providers
- Answers to you child care questions: How do I choose child care that meets my family's needs? What do I look for in quality child care? How do I know if the care I've chosen is a good experience for my child?
- How to apply for a child care subsidy
- Assistance with subsidy forms https://www.mcf.gov.bc.ca/childcare/pdfs/cf_2900.pdf
- Access to parent education opportunities such as workshops and printed information
- Parent/Child Interaction Group
- Parent Lending Library
Services to Child Care Providers
- Start-up and operation information
- Workshops and entworking opportunities
- Supportive home/facility visits
- Access to child care resources such as infant/toddler equipment, toys and library materials
- Referrals to community resources
- Listing in a registry of child care porviders, which is available to paretns
- Registraion of licence-not-required (LNR) child care providers
- Bi-monthly Newsletters
- Drop-In Playgroups for care providers and families
- Laminator access
- Photocopier access
- Fax service
- Free access to internet
- Assitance with Subsidy forms https://www.mcf.gov.bc.ca/childcare/pdfs/cf_2900.pdf
- Information about child care grants
Information and Resources
Early Childhood Development
Dawson Creek & Area Resource Guide You will find that there are a lot of more...