GOOD BEGINNINGS FAMILY CHILD CARE COURSE
BCFCCA's original Introduction to Family Day Care Course has long been recognized and recommended as part of the licensing process. As of November 2007, the licensing process requires family child care providers to have at least 20 hours of training related to child care. BCFCCA and licensing officers around the province recognize the value of the newly revised "Good Beginnings: Professional Development for Family Child Care Providers". This course includes the necessary components to begin or improve your family child care environment by presenting information clearly, providing opportunity for self-reflection and promoting life-long learning for participants.
The Good Beginnings: Professional Development for Family Child Care Providers is divided into 12 lessons, for a total of 30 hours of training. The course will introduce you to:
- Introduction to Child Care
- Planning for safety and Emergencies - Part 1
- Planning for Safety and Emergencies - Part 2
- Promoting Good Health and Nutrition
- Exploring Children's Development
- Guiding Children's Behaviour
- Planning for Play and Learning
- Let's Play! Inspiring Children's Experiences and Activities
- Establishing Positive Relationships with Families and the Community
- Your Family Child Care Business - Part 1
- Your Family Child Care Business - Part 2
- An Action Plan for Your Family Child Care
The Good Beginnings Course will not only help you explore these areas of Family Child Care, but will also guide you to create the policies and procedures necessary to develop your business, introduce you to a network of Family Child Care Providers, and provide you with resources and contacts specific to your family child care business.
The cost for Good Beginnings Training is $200.00 and is non-refundable.
For more information or to register contact Smithers & Area CCRR 250-847-8824